Friday, October 31, 2008

October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween! (I say that with tongue in cheek as Halloween is not my favorite day. But for all of you party people out there, have a fun evening. The only thing I like about Halloween is all the chocolate.)

We have spent the better part of the week in the midst of breathtaking wonders of nature -- Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Tetons in Wyoming. We tried to capture as much as we could on camera, and so have included more pictures on this blog than usual. (We just couldn't decide what to eliminate.)

And speaking of cameras, for those who want to know, Jerry is using the Digital Nikkon D200 SLR with an 18-135 mm lens. I am using a simple point and shoot that I love. It is the Sony Cybershot DSC-T300 touchscreen with full HD 1080. (And you thought the pictures are great because we know how to take them!!!) Well, Jerry was a professional photographer in a previous life and I feel I have a bit of artistic creativity in me. (After all, my mother was an artist - and so is my sister.) Plus the cameras we are using allow us to compensate for different light settings.

Jenny, the picture of Jenny Lake is for you.

We are writing this from Jackson, WY - a cowboy town. We love it. But tomorrow we leave as we make our way to Salt Lake City.

Until next time, keep living the life you love.

Jerry and Mary